When Is Alcohol Treatment Needed?

Alcohol is used by many people for recreational purposes. However, it can pose serious health, economic, and social issues if taken uncontrollably. It can impair judgment and also make patients get involved in things they would otherwise not have dared if they were sober. The following are some of the reasons that can make a patient seek professional medical assistance.

If you are an expectant mother and you cannot stop abusing alcohol, you need to seek help from alcohol treatment centers. Alcohol can be dangerous both to the mother and the fetus. Experts recommend that pregnant mothers should refrain from alcohol by all means in the gestation period and when breastfeeding.

In the case that alcoholism is having a negative impact on your daily life, consider seeking help from alcohol treatment centers. Drastic reduction in performance at work and the inability to arrive on time are some of the alcohol abuse warning signs you should be on the lookout for. If you plan not to drink but you later do, you have a problem that requires professional care. You have lost ability to control your drinking habit and you can only recover through undergoing treatment.

When Is Alcohol Treatment Needed?

People who drink alcohol to suppress stress or anger resulting from daily activities, such as arguments with the boss or wife, are eligible for treatment. This is because taking alcohol only solves the problem temporarily. When the intoxication effects wear off, the problem will still be there, tempting the patient to take more alcohol. This predisposes patients further to addiction.

If you lose memory about what you did during the previous drinking spree, you need to seek professional help from alcohol treatment centers. Short-term memory lapse indicates that you are consuming alcohol excessively. Treatment centers will not help you to remember what you did but will help you to avoid repeating the same mistakes in the future.

If your behavior has drastically changed recently, emotionally or physically, you need to find help before the situation escalates to irrevocable limits. A person who used to look smart and sharp who suddenly deteriorates to a disheveled, just-rolled-out-of-bed appearance, indicates a big problem. Severe mood swings and tendencies to engage in violent activities when under the influence are other symptoms that should prompt one to seek professional help 800-234-8334.

Another category of eligible candidates for alcohol treatment centers are the patients getting engaged in dangerous behaviors after taking alcohol. Examples of these habits include driving under the influence, engaging in unsafe sex, taking lifts from strangers, and tendencies to commit suicide.

If alcohol is ruining your social relationships, you need to seek help. If people used to come to you for advice on various issues but now they have been avoiding you, you likely have an issue you aren’t aware of. You may also be spending too much time drinking alcohol to the extent you no longer spend quality time with you family. This is a sign you have issues and you need assistance from alcohol treatment centers. In case you have also gotten into problems with the law such as driving under the influence or drunk and disorderly charges, you need to seek professional help.

Addiction Support Hotlines

AL - (907) 268-4185IA - (712) 266-3564NV - (775) 473-9889SD - (605) 385-0105
AZ - (623) 806-8786KS - (620) 702-5400NH - (603) 821-0294TN - (423) 254-5434
AR - (501) 205-1895KY - (859) 759-0670NJ - (732) 497-3463TX - (915) 288-3005
CA - (951) 547-1649LA - (318) 737-1144NM - (505) 227-8586UT - (801) 704-5012
CO - (720) 862-3535ME - (207) 221-2169NY - (607) 216-9627VT - (802) 428-4690
CN - (860) 288-5354MD - (240) 449-3880NC - (336) 441-1098VA - (757) 273-8036
DE - (302) 342-8812MA - (617) 206-3810ND - (701) 355-6372WA - (206) 452-5501
DC - (202) 509-9590MI - (586) 439-0608OH - (740) 277-2216WV - (304) 945-0238
FL - (352) 364-0123MN - (763) 447-3216OK - (918) 948-9376WI - (262) 347-3369
GA - (912) 228-5105MS - (601) 206-0830OR - (503) 512-5312WY - (307) 222-0334
ID - (208) 228-5228MO - (314) 549-5171PA - (267) 337-6914
IL - (708) 377-6362MN - (406) 203-4815RI - (401) 288-3581